Spiralizing is a preparation technique used in cooking, that involves converting fruits and vegetables into noodles and chips.
1. Spiralizing your fruits and vegetables contributes to weight loss and a healthier diet.
Spiralized vegetables can be a great substitute for pasta noodles and rice. With spiralized vegetable noodles, you can eat more and weigh less! The high fiber and water content in the spiralized vegetables helps you feel fuller longer. Simply substituting pasta noodles with spiralized vegetables will give you a healthier meal.
2. There are plenty of fruits and vegetables that can be spiralized.
Spiralizing fruits and vegetables can create beautiful and delicious dishes, and add a new variety to your meals.
Vegetables on your meal plan that can be spiralized include Summer Squash, Broccoli, Zucchini, Cabbage, Onion, Cucumber, Radish, Apple, Eggplant, and Peppers.
3. Spiralizing is quick and easy.
- Spiralizing will be most effective when the vegetable or fruit is placed straight.
- Fruits and veggies should be at least 1.5-in. in diameter for best results.
- Remove the core from Apples before spiralizing to avoid seeds.
- Pat noodles dry after spiralizing to avoid ‘watery’ vegetable noodles.