Research indicates that lack of proper sleep and poor sleep quality can contribute to weight gain and obesity, and slow weight loss while following a diet.
Try these 5 tips to help you achieve the right amount of sleep.
1. Cut the caffeine! Stick to 2 cups or less of caffeinated coffee and tea per day. Even small amounts of caffeine in the afternoon or evening can make it harder to rest when it’s time for bed.
2. Clear your mind! Have too much on your mind? Practice meditation, jot down your thoughts in a notebook next to bed, or listen to calming music to put aside your worries from the day.
3. Get comfortable! Make your bedroom an ideal place to fall asleep. Avoid computers, cell phones, and TVs an hour before bed, and dim any night lights. Make your bed comfortable, get the room temperature how you like it, and relax.
4. Stick to a schedule! Set a time to go to bed and wake up each day, and stick to those scheduled times. Move your alarm clock across the room if you have trouble passing up the snooze button. This helps get your body’s internal clock get on a healthy routine.
5. Get active! Exercise daily – but finish up your workout at least a few hours before bedtime. Research* has found that regular exercise can improve sleep quality.
More Information About Sleep and Obesity Here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3632337/