Have you been thinking about starting a weight loss program? If so, here is some great news: Losing even just 5% of your body weight can improve your health in major ways, says the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. You'll see benefits in different parts of your body and in controlling chronic conditions.
1. ASTHMA In a 2015 study published in the journal Chest, overweight people who lost and average of 36 pounds improved their asthma control, and their medications worked better.
2. HEART HEALTH Shedding only a few pounds can lower blood pressure, increase levels of HDL or "good" cholesterol and decrease levels of LDL "bad" cholesterol.
3. EASE KNEE PAIN Every pound you lose reduces the pressure on your knees when you walk.
4. SLEEP APNEA Weight loss can reverse mild obstructive sleep apnea and improve sleep.
5. DIABETES Losing 10 to 15 pounds can help you control your blood sugar levels with lower doses of medication.
6. FEWER BACK ACHES Losing excess body fat can relieve pressure on disks in the lower spine.
7. FEND OFF FOOT PAIN Losing weight reduces stress on bones and other structures in your feet.
We'd love to help you feel and look your best - give us a call today at 1-800-GET-SLIM or book a consultationhttps://patients.mwlc.com/Book_Your_Consultation.php