Try out these creative snack ideas for kids that are not only fun, but healthy too! 1. Cut fruit into fun shapes using cookie cutters - watermelon, pineapple, kiwi and cantaloupe work great! Cookie cutters also work great with jello (use MWLC Cherry Jello Fiber to avoid sugary jello products from the store.)
2. Mold and position food into fun shapes and themes for children. For example, create a "rainbow" using red, green, orange and yellow slices of bell pepper, with cauliflower florets to represent "clouds". Use other fruits and vegetables to create animals, flowers, and other creative scenes for your kids.
3. Pour yogurt into ice cube molds (shaped molds can be found online) and freeze - kids will love the fun shapes in these easy frozen yogurt bites!
4. Kids love to dip! Try dipping celery sticks into peanut butter, and Goldfish snacks, to create a 'Going Fishing' game.
5. Make kabobs! Cut up fresh fruit - strawberries, melon, pineapple - and add the chunks to a skewer. Dip skewers in yogurt.
6. Create "fruit popsicles". In a blender, mix seedless watermelon, strawberries and fresh lemon juice. Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze until firm. Enjoy!