National Raspberry Cream Pie Day is observed annually on August 1st. This day is in theme with other raspberry holidays in this same time period. Raspberries are most plentiful this time of year.
Raspberries are the edible fruit of a multitude of plant species in the genusRubus of the rose family. The name also applies to the plants themselves.
- Raspberries are woody stemmed perennials.
- Raspberries are widely grown in all temperate regions of the World.
- Raspberries are a very important commercial fruit crop.
- At one time, raspberries were a midsummer crop, however with new technology, cultivars and transportation, they can now be obtained year-round.
- An individual raspberry weighs 0.11 – 0.18 oz.
- An individual raspberry is made up of about 100 drupelets.
- One raspberry bush can yield several hundred berries a year.
- A raspberry has a hollow core once it is removed from the receptacle.
- Raspberries are a rich source of vitamin C, manganese and dietary fiber.
- Raspberries contain vitamin B1, vitamin B3, folic acid, magnesium, copper and iron.
Try our Raspberry Cream Pie
Servings: 1 Fruit 1 Nutrient 1 Supplement Suitable for Fast Track patients
Pie Crust: 1 Cinnamon Vanilla Cereal Nutritional Supplement 1-2 Egg Whites
Pie Filling: 1 serving Raspberries 1 Vanilla Pudding Shake Nutritional Supplement, prepared as pudding
Pie Crust: Crush Cinnamon Vanilla Cereal and mix with egg white. Place mixture in a small muffin tin or baking cup. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Pie Filling: In a blender, blend raspberries and prepared vanilla pudding. Spread mixture on pie crust, chill and serve.