March is 'National Nutrition Month'! 'National Nutrition Month' is a campaign focused on the importance of healthy eating and exercise. The 2018 theme of 'National Nutrition Month' is "Go Further with Food". Whether you are starting off your day with a healthy meal for breakfast, or preparing dinner for your family, the foods you choose make a real difference.
The 2018 theme encourages us to prepare our foods to go further by planning meals in advance, and to work toward achieving the maximum nutritional benefits that foods have to offer. Learning how to "Go Further with Food" will help save money and nutrients!
Throughout the Month of March, focus on taking the following actions to "Go Further" with your food:
1. Eat a variety of healthy fruits, vegetables, starches and proteins from your meal plan each day.
3. Be mindful of portion sizes - try using a smaller plate and utensil when serving your food. Always measure foods when able, do not guess portion sizes.
4. Purchase amounts of fruits and vegetables that can be eaten or frozen within a few days.
5. Plan new ways to use leftovers during the week.
6. Be physically active each day, and find a type of exercise that you enjoy and that fits your lifestyle.
7. Regularly meet with your MWLC Consultant to stay on track with your weight loss.
Be sure to check out the MWLC News page throughout March for more tips on how to "Go Further with Food"!