Updated: 10/25/18 Thanksgiving Weight Loss Tips
Thanksgiving can be a challenge when it comes to dieting. Here are some tips to help you stick to your weight loss plan and still enjoy the holiday!
1. Approach Thanksgiving Day like any other regular day, planning to eat three meals – breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Often individuals will fast the morning of Thanksgiving in preparation for eating a large meal. Instead, plan to eat three meals – this sets you up for success throughout the day.
2. Remember that it’s okay to have leftovers! One of the biggest perks of Thanksgiving is having leftover turkey and side dishes for several additional meals after the holiday.
3. Keep portions under control. By opting for tinier portions of each dish, you can enjoy trying everything! Stop eating when you're full.
4. Make smart choices when preparing the Thanksgiving meal. Swap ingredients with healthier options when you are able. Mashed cauliflower is a great swap for traditional mashed potatoes.
5. Keep your focus on the holiday and visiting with friends and family - not on the food.
6. Plan ahead! If you are traveling outside your home for Thanksgiving, ask what is being served ahead of time and plan accordingly.
7. Make sure to stay hydrated and get all of your required water in throughout the day.
8. Maintain physical activity. Holiday shopping is a great opportunity for walking!
By following these tips this Thanksgiving, you can enjoy your holiday and stay committed to your weight loss success.🍴