Here's some ways to help get your family active:
1. Create an open discussion with children and explain why it's important to sit less and move more, to become and stay healthy.
2. Limit "screen time" each day. Give kids a set amount of time that they may spend watching television, playing video games, or using the computer. Encourage kids to use this time for physical activities. When kids are spending time in front of the TV, teach them to move during commercials.
3. Create exercise and activity goals for the entire family. Include individual goals, and activities that the family will participate in together. Set realistic and specific goals, such as walking or biking for 20 minutes a day, three days a week.
4. Make exercise fun with your family by choosing an exciting activity - dance, play tag, go on the swings at a park, go swimming, play Frisbee.
5. Park your car farther away - have kids count the number of steps it takes to get to your destination.
6. Encourage children to join sports teams. This a great way to encourage exercise and to make friends, learn how to work as a team and have fun!
Each of our clinic’s 30 free Pro-Teen programs – which include all medical set-up, lab work, 10-weeks of weight loss services and all nutritional supplements, and are valued more than $500 each – will be given away on a first-come, first-served basis from Sept. 1 to 30, 2016, using an online entry system at www.mwlcgiveaway.com. Applicants must complete a short entry form and describe in 100 words or less why they are interested in MWLC’s Pro-Teen weight-loss services.